Bad Homburg is home to eight well-developed commercial zones consisting of approximately 100 hectares of high-quality commercial properties well suited for a wide range of entrepreneurial endeavours.
Office and Commercial Park Centre (Büro- und Gewerbepark Mitte)
Bad Homburg’s oldest commercial zone, some 57 hectares in size, is also the city’s largest. Estab-lished back in 1903. Horex, a former German motorcycle manufacturer, established its business there in 1923, followed by P.I.V., amongst others. After 1945, the commercial park began to attract administrative companies, publishing houses and machine manufacturers. Structural changes took place in the 1980s, the commercial park attracting more and more service companies, offices, management companies and administrative bodies. Only a small number of actual production sites remained. Today, the zone offers convenient motorway connections (two minutes’ distance), while the train station and city centre are both just a short walk away.
SÜDCAMPUS Bad Homburg
The SÜDCAMPUS Office and Commercial Park Bad Homburg was established in 1981. Consisting of approximately 21 hectares, it is Bad Homburg’s second-largest commercial zone. An initiative made up of property owners and lessees was founded in 2011, following the motto, “Südcampus Life.Work.Learn”. Together with the City of Bad Homburg, this action group promotes the zone’s growth with an array of marketing activities.
Further commercial zones
Aside from Bad Homburg’s two major commercial areas, the city also offers a number of similarly significant commercial zones, some with specific thematic focal points.
- Fröhlingstraße Office Park: Offices / Retail Trade (Büropark Fröhlingstraße)
- Niederstedter Industrial Park: Production / Retail Trade (Gewerbegebiet Niederstedter Weg)
- Dornholzhausen Office Park: Offices / Administration (Büropark Dornholzhausen)
- Alte Sattelfabrik Industrial Park: Craftsman’s Trade / Retail Trade (Gewerbegebiet Alte Sattelfabrik)
- Steinmühlstraße Industrial Park: Craftsman’s Trade / Retail Trade (Gewerbegebiet Steinmühlstraße)